I had a problem like that before, making mount automaticly set the fs worked nicely. Though it would be a bother to do every time you booted.Originally Posted by Aeiri
Whenever I eject the Knoppix CD and mount a new one ("umount -l /dev/scd0;eject /dev/scd0;mount /dev/scd0 /cdrom"), it seems to be missing files off of it...
I've tried lots of different disks, and it seems other 'system' CDs (Morphix, Slack 10 CD1&2, etc) work fine, certain disks don't display ANYTHING, and others randomly pick 10 files and display them (mounting it a different time will show different files than the first time)...
If I boot to a kernel I configured myself, it works just fine, CDs mount, everything's displayed, etc. The CD/DVDs I burned that aren't 'system' CDs are burned as standard rock ridge iso9660...
Uh... what's going on? It should have nothing to do with the Knoppix CD not being in, as the iso stuff is compiled in (isofs isn't displayed on lsmod). This is the same on both the Knoppix 2.4 kernel and 2.6 kernel...
Any ideas?
I had a problem like that before, making mount automaticly set the fs worked nicely. Though it would be a bother to do every time you booted.Originally Posted by Aeiri
Could you explain what you mean? What exactly did you do?Originally Posted by firebyrd10
"mount -t auto /dev/scd0 /cdrom"?
Doing the above didn't work.... I'm not sure what you mean though :/
I have a bash script that is loaded every boot, I can just tack whatever on the end of it if you have a solution![]()
I think the command would be
mount -a /dev/cdrom0 /cdrom

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU 6-Core 12-Thread 3.2GHz 3.6GHz Boost AM4 19MB Cache
$15.95
Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition
$88.00
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU
$169.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00