-
Junior Member
registered user
Installing Knoppix Problems.
Alright. I have downloaded Knoppix (First version 3.4 via BitTorrent, now 3.7 from a German University on th Knoppix.org web-page (the first link) via ftp.). The file (1) is a .iso. Which is what I want, yes? Right. I burn it to a CD using Ahead Nero Express (came with the Burner) in the El Torrito fashion. It asks me for a diskette (which I acutally had to start using with the boot.img thingy (which is a story unto itself). However, later on, I no longer needed this diskette: It booted from the CD all by itself. (The BIOS being some thing to do with Award).
I get to the knoppix screen: It says version 3.4. Auf Deutsche. Which means I can only barely understand it.
Now, it gives me the boot option. I press enter: It goes to a black screen with the Penguin. It proceed to say some thing like DMA enabled three times for three different things.
Then:
"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell. Press reset button to quit."
Well, I re-downloaded, re-burned, re did with knoppix nodma: Still no go.
What now?
Please, be kind Technically: I'm only starting to get used to the Language (which means, essentially, I know very little indeed.)
Thank you for your Co-Operation.
Similar Threads
-
By Joelsbass in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 12:37 PM
-
By Japo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 05:36 AM
-
By imjustabill in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 11:04 PM
-
By voldemort_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 09:47 PM
-
By Drewby in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95
$119.99

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99