Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: Installing Knoppix Problems.

  1. #31
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Westmount, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    18

    Very Swell.

    I've not really had the Time (of late) To utilise Knoppix much. However, I'm Presently on Vacation: Much more Time have I in which to Play Around with it.

    So: I have (yet) another Question to pose to You:

    How do I partition my NTFS Hard-Drive (with out losing any information that is stored upon it?) Is this soem thing done better on Window or Linux? Can I do it at all? or am I to live with Linux on Live-C. D. for the rest of my days with this Computer?

    Thank you.

  2. #32
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Westmount, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    18

    A Question.

    Now that I have decided that I like Linux, I wish to be able to use it More. To do this, I want to Partition my Hard-Drive. It makes it a lot easier to use Linux, then, in lieu of Windows (as opposed to what I do now: Use it for Fun).

    Therefore: I wish to know how to Partition my Hard-Drive. It is an NTFS Hard-Drive (or, how so ever I should term it). I read some where that if it was not originally Partition (and mine Isn't) then one can not do it after wards with out deleting all of the Files contained there upon. A: Is this true? and B: If not, How do I go about doing this?

    Thank you Kindly in Advance. And, my Apologies for takign so long to Respond: I've been busy watching The Lord of the Rings (I recently Aquired the Extended Versions of all Three (Boxed set)).

    Good-day.

  3. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2
    there are various options,

    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Install_HowTo
    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Based_HowTo
    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Basic_Poor_Mans

    Which one is best for you i'm not sure.

    To re-partition your hard drive use QtParted which works with NTFS discs
    I am just about to do a HD install myself, so will need to re-partition too

    hth
    horse

  4. #34
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    A. Yes you can resize an existing NTFS partition nondestructivly. The tools provided by linux can do this - qtparted. I have achieved this about 5 times without any data loss. I did back up pretty much everything just in case.

  5. #35
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Westmount, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    18

    Debian

    This is if any one can help me with Installing Debian. If not, read no further: It shall waste your Time.

    Having liked what I saw in Knoppix (and knowing that it was based on Debian (not to mention the fact that some one else recommended it to me), I decided to partition the Hard-Drive (done succesfully) and install Debian. I got the NONUS binary 1 BitTorrent wise. For some reason, it won't boot from the C. D. I'm going to try to re-burn it: I may have made a large mistake.

    If that doesn't work, I'll ask for more help.

    Thank you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.8.1 CD boot, problems installing Limewire...
    By Joelsbass in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 12:37 PM
  2. Problems installing Knoppix 3.6
    By Japo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 05:36 AM
  3. Multiple problems installing Knoppix
    By imjustabill in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 11:04 PM
  4. problems with apt-get upgrade after installing knoppix to HD
    By voldemort_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 09:47 PM
  5. Problems installing Knoppix and Overclockix
    By Drewby in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 04:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



VTG Atari 130XE Home Computer System 130 XE  Parts or Repair READ picture

VTG Atari 130XE Home Computer System 130 XE Parts or Repair READ

$150.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 1040ST Vintage Home Computer | Turns On picture

Atari 1040ST Vintage Home Computer | Turns On

$299.99



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box picture

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box

$48.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



READ UNTESTED But Works Vintage Atari 410 Program Recorder  picture

READ UNTESTED But Works Vintage Atari 410 Program Recorder

$34.50