Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Dell Inspiron 2500 Graphics Problems

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2

    Dell Inspiron 2500 Graphics Problems

    Hello all

    I've been gettin this problem ever since the first copy of Knoppix I ran on this laptop. (Knoppix 3.6)
    I've just burnt an iso of Knoppix 3.7, and still the same problem.

    Laptop Specs ::

    Dell Inspiron 2500
    10GB HD
    256MB RAM

    When i "boot" knoppix with the usual cheatcodes : knoppix noscsi nodma lang=uk
    I get this problem straight after I press the 'return' button on my keyboard :

    Loading linux24 ....
    Loading minirt24.gz
    Ready.
    You passed an undefined mode number.
    Press <RETURN> to see video modes available, <SPACE> to continue or wait 30 seconds.

    Even when I press Space, or press Return (and choose any of the modes)
    KDE loads up fine etc.. Then I start seeing "large bits" missing on my screen + glitches etc..

    Help plz

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2
    I've used the cheatcode vga=normal, and the "undefined mode number" thingy goes away :

    Current boot command :: knoppix noscsi nodma vga=normal

    But I still have graphics problems when i run knoppix (glitches + bits missing)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-2005, 05:13 PM
  2. No graphics on Dell Inspiron 510m
    By frog-x in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 05:33 PM
  3. Help for Dell Inspiron 2500
    By john2003 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2003, 10:31 PM
  4. 3.2 and Dell Inspiron 2500 with Orinoco silver 802.11b
    By garyng in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2003, 09:04 AM
  5. Dell Inspiron 2500
    By seani in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2003, 05:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



Vacloong Vacuum-Sealed 3D Printing Filament Kit, 20 Packs PUMP+20P, White  picture

Vacloong Vacuum-Sealed 3D Printing Filament Kit, 20 Packs PUMP+20P, White

$18.99



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys picture

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys

$16.99



2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower picture

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower

$16.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$107.67