Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Installing Driver for DWL-520+

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4

    Installing Driver for DWL-520+

    I've been trying to install the driver to make the DWL-520+ card work. I'm going to include the steps I've taken to do this. Getting off the subject I did a HD install of knoppix 3.4. My DVD wouldn't mount as you call it in linux. In fact no matter what I did even using commands in linux the drive would go undetected. So I uninstalled the OS and reinstalled the knoppix OS and chose the beginnner option instead of Debian and then it detected my DVD drive. I thought I would pass that on in case someone else had the same problem.

    Here are the steps I've taken to install my wireless card:

    Unzip the file

    CD (File)

    SU

    Make

    Make Install

    Then either : modprobe (file) or insmod (file)

    After "Make Install" it states: cp (object file)- /lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/net/wireless

    Since I'm new to linux I don't know what to do then. I've tried "modprobe" and "insmod" neither will work. Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Did you try running the givin command?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by firebyrd10
    Did you try running the givin command?
    That's not an option Thanks for your help

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Hmm, what from I know about the knoppix style install, it copies the compressed image to the hardrive like a PMI.

    Which would mean that you can instal anything like that.

Similar Threads

  1. Device driver installing problem.
    By tyoharo2 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 12:00 PM
  2. installing driver wrong kernel?
    By tonycooles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 06:21 PM
  3. Need help installing Nvidia display driver
    By weedje in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 01:11 AM
  4. installing a nic driver
    By cybervet in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2003, 05:35 PM
  5. [driver probbs] - Intel PRO/wireless 2110 pcmcia driver.
    By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays

$599.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99