-
Installed to Hdd and don't know how to boot.
I installed 3.7 to my hard drive. When I boot up the pc I get a grub prompt.
I don't know what to enter here to get knoppix to boot.
I tried kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9 and that seems to be fine but then I get the grub prompt again.
Then I tried boot root=/dev/hda4 (hda4 is where I installed knoppix.) .
Knoppix starts booting but part way through I get a kerel panic message saying
I need the correct Boot= option. I'm stuck at this point.
Also, I thought the installer said it was installing lilo but it looks to me like it's using grub.
Similar Threads
-
By gamezealot in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 09:43 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By Rib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
-
By 5y573m f41lur3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 12:04 AM
-
By coreymon77 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95