Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Installed to Hdd and don't know how to boot.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8

    Installed to Hdd and don't know how to boot.

    I installed 3.7 to my hard drive. When I boot up the pc I get a grub prompt.
    I don't know what to enter here to get knoppix to boot.
    I tried kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9 and that seems to be fine but then I get the grub prompt again.
    Then I tried boot root=/dev/hda4 (hda4 is where I installed knoppix.) .
    Knoppix starts booting but part way through I get a kerel panic message saying
    I need the correct Boot= option. I'm stuck at this point.
    Also, I thought the installer said it was installing lilo but it looks to me like it's using grub.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8

    booting

    OK, I firgured it out.

Similar Threads

  1. Installed, yet NO boot
    By gamezealot in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 09:43 PM
  2. installed kanotix to hdb, lost boot option to boot knoppix
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
  3. CD Boot works, HDD Installed boot fails at second hurdle
    By Rib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
  4. I ve installed knoppix but cant boot
    By 5y573m f41lur3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 12:04 AM
  5. installed on to HD but can't boot
    By coreymon77 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6 picture

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6

$210.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Crucial MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1SG 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V ECC LRDIMM Server Memory picture

Crucial MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1SG 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V ECC LRDIMM Server Memory

$150.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



16GB Micron MTA18ASF2G72PZ-2G3B1II DDR4 PC4-2400T Server Memory picture

16GB Micron MTA18ASF2G72PZ-2G3B1II DDR4 PC4-2400T Server Memory

$59.99



Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM picture

Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM

$74.50



5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT picture

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT

$9.99