-
Installed to Hdd and don't know how to boot.
I installed 3.7 to my hard drive. When I boot up the pc I get a grub prompt.
I don't know what to enter here to get knoppix to boot.
I tried kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9 and that seems to be fine but then I get the grub prompt again.
Then I tried boot root=/dev/hda4 (hda4 is where I installed knoppix.) .
Knoppix starts booting but part way through I get a kerel panic message saying
I need the correct Boot= option. I'm stuck at this point.
Also, I thought the installer said it was installing lilo but it looks to me like it's using grub.
Similar Threads
-
By gamezealot in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 09:43 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By Rib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
-
By 5y573m f41lur3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 12:04 AM
-
By coreymon77 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73