Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Installed to Hdd and don't know how to boot.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8

    Installed to Hdd and don't know how to boot.

    I installed 3.7 to my hard drive. When I boot up the pc I get a grub prompt.
    I don't know what to enter here to get knoppix to boot.
    I tried kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9 and that seems to be fine but then I get the grub prompt again.
    Then I tried boot root=/dev/hda4 (hda4 is where I installed knoppix.) .
    Knoppix starts booting but part way through I get a kerel panic message saying
    I need the correct Boot= option. I'm stuck at this point.
    Also, I thought the installer said it was installing lilo but it looks to me like it's using grub.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8

    booting

    OK, I firgured it out.

Similar Threads

  1. Installed, yet NO boot
    By gamezealot in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 09:43 PM
  2. installed kanotix to hdb, lost boot option to boot knoppix
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
  3. CD Boot works, HDD Installed boot fails at second hurdle
    By Rib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
  4. I ve installed knoppix but cant boot
    By 5y573m f41lur3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 12:04 AM
  5. installed on to HD but can't boot
    By coreymon77 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit picture

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit

$399.00



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower picture

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower

$16.99



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$107.67



Vacloong Vacuum-Sealed 3D Printing Filament Kit, 20 Packs PUMP+20P, White  picture

Vacloong Vacuum-Sealed 3D Printing Filament Kit, 20 Packs PUMP+20P, White

$18.99