-
3.7 start up problem
Currently using knoppix 3.4. successfully with the 2.4 kernel. I use myconfig=/dev/hdxx and home=/dev/hdxx
When booting the 3.7 release the X server attempts to start but only as far as a blank screen. However by using the cheat code knoppix 2 - I can get to the prompt. From this point, using startx, knoppix will load up fully using the light weight fluxbox browser. Unfortunately I think at this stage I am logged in as root. I would like to be running as the user "knoppix" not root. But I am not sure how to get their. The "knoppix 2" cheat code boots to a root prompt. I would like to get out of this to user "knoppix"
Alternatively, can you think of another way to get 3.7 to boot fully without intervention. ? The 3.4 disk is working ok.
Similar Threads
-
By mikekgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-03-2006, 09:02 PM
-
By junglemike in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-05-2006, 04:25 AM
-
By buddhainside in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-12-2005, 12:18 PM
-
By sirmax in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 04:10 AM
-
By gabcicala in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 05:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Samsung 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM 288-Pin M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Y
$699.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800 PC2-6400 240-Pin DIMM
$145.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99