Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Installed to Hdd and don't know how to boot.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8

    Installed to Hdd and don't know how to boot.

    I installed 3.7 to my hard drive. When I boot up the pc I get a grub prompt.
    I don't know what to enter here to get knoppix to boot.
    I tried kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9 and that seems to be fine but then I get the grub prompt again.
    Then I tried boot root=/dev/hda4 (hda4 is where I installed knoppix.) .
    Knoppix starts booting but part way through I get a kerel panic message saying
    I need the correct Boot= option. I'm stuck at this point.
    Also, I thought the installer said it was installing lilo but it looks to me like it's using grub.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8

    booting

    OK, I firgured it out.

Similar Threads

  1. Installed, yet NO boot
    By gamezealot in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 09:43 PM
  2. installed kanotix to hdb, lost boot option to boot knoppix
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
  3. CD Boot works, HDD Installed boot fails at second hurdle
    By Rib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
  4. I ve installed knoppix but cant boot
    By 5y573m f41lur3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 12:04 AM
  5. installed on to HD but can't boot
    By coreymon77 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro

$240.00



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box picture

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box

$299.00



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$189.99



Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD picture

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD

$179.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$365.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00