Don't fool with a Linux boot floppy. Get Smart Boot Manager and use that to boot the CD.
I would like to do a Knoppix hard drive install on a 486. The bios does not support CDrom boot. After reading this forum for awhile I have come to the conclusion that 3.7 can not do this job because an intall boot floppy can not be made from it. I get the idea that it might be possible using a "poor man"s install" but frankly I'm not proficient enough with Linux to pull it off.
I also have Knoppix 3.3 (11-19-03) and I believe an install boot floppy can be made from it but I have never been able to do. Can someone please point me to a tutorial on how to make the install boot floppy from 3.3.
Thanks, vic
Don't fool with a Linux boot floppy. Get Smart Boot Manager and use that to boot the CD.
Thank you very much. I reached that same conclusion when I went to bed last night but forgot about it!!! LOL
Now having followed your link there, which of the versions do I need?
And thanks again!!! Vic
Well, what I can tell you is that I needed the PC version. Downloaded it and made a boot floppy. Also installed it on a PC I use as a testbed (really just to see how it worked when you replace the MBR with it; I'll likely replace it with XOSL in the long run). But since it's a stand alone program that runs independent of the OS you use, which you download depends on you. If you're a hard core Linux user than you could download the version that is compressed for Linux (tarball or whatever) rather than the zip. I used what was easy for me.Originally Posted by Vic

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99