-
HOWTO install Abiword 2.2.1
Hi All!
In my current Knoppix 3.7, I see GTK 2.0 and 2.4. Can I install Abiword 2.2.1? Must I install GNOME to Knoppix 3.7? Can Abiword run in Fluxbox?
Thanks!
m k h _ s g n
-
Senior Member
registered user
Abiword
I have successfully installed Abiword in my HD Knoppix 3.7 setup. It was all through apt-get.
Just Apt-Get install Abiword-gnome. You will be prompted for suggested and recommended packages. Write them all down. 
You will especially need the plugins. I installed every additional package that would install. The gtk does not.
It may happen that your cups printer system gets removed. You might have to apt-get install cupsys again.
Also, look for threads on this site to install the gimp printer drivers.
Caveat: If a package is prompting you that it's going to first remove 100s of items, don't do it.
Skip that package.
Abiword is really great. Good luck.
Sorry I don't know about fluxbox.
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By rozen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-07-2006, 09:16 PM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 11:22 PM
-
By heXen in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-29-2003, 04:07 AM
-
By rdbe in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 04:30 PM
-
By xetaprime in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2003, 06:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 DDR4-2400T Reg ECC Server RAM HMA82GR7AFR8N-UH (32GB/2) Lot 2
$141.75

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

(8) Micron 32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM PC4-2933Y Server Memory MTA36ASF4G72PZ *TESTED*
$1599.00

Samsung 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory M393A8G40AB2-CWE - PARTS
$450.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50