Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: I hate to re-ask a question but...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3

    I hate to re-ask a question but...

    Alright so here it is, I've got knoppix 3.6 up and running except for the sound.

    Before I get directed to the other threads I want to say that, yes I did read them, and yes I tried booting with the alsa command.

    My sound card gets recognized as Creative Labs SB Audigy. I think i may have entered the command wrong.

    Help me please!

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    83

    Re: I hate to re-ask a question but...

    Quote Originally Posted by HiPpY
    Alright so here it is, I've got knoppix 3.6 up and running except for the sound.

    Before I get directed to the other threads I want to say that, yes I did read them, and yes I tried booting with the alsa command.

    My sound card gets recognized as Creative Labs SB Audigy. I think i may have entered the command wrong.

    Help me please!
    Do you have any other hardware that my be creating conflicts? I had a web cam with a microphone that use to get detected as my multimedia hardware. Once I unplugged it, everything worked fine. Also, are you talking about a HD installation or running from CD? If it is a HD installation, you may want to configure it yourself instead of relying on the autodetection.

    --GN

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3
    Running from CD. The only hardware that I can think of would be my headset...

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    TRy alsaconfig, alsactrl and alsamixer.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3
    those are?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Those are utilities that comes with alsa.
    alsaconf - utility to configure your sound card using alsa
    alsctl - utility to store or restore your alsa configuration, ex: alsaconf restore
    alsamixer - mixer utility for alsa; sometime eventhough your soundcard detected by alsa but it didn't produce sound because the volume is set to mute.


Similar Threads

  1. Why all the hate or am I just lucky?
    By coldfever in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 03:23 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
  3. Question
    By dr_s99 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 01:10 AM
  4. Grub settings, quick question... really my last question :p
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
  5. Apt-get question
    By Bd84 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 02:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US picture

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US

$125.98



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00