-
Can't get off square 1
I've downloaded KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso .....twice. I've seemingly burned the software OK ....twice. I can see the contents of the CD and have set my machine to boot from CD first. When I start the machine with the CD loaded, I get a splash screen and a BOOT : prompt .....twice. Bootup starts and I see two lines of text flash by, before the screen goes black, except for a small penguin in the upper left corner of my screen and the computer locks up solidly. Modifications that I've tried to the boot command make absolutely no difference to this result.
Anyone any idea what I'm doing wrong?
JohnW.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore VIC-20 Dead Test Rom - USA seller
$19.99

Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ
$129.00

Commodore 16 C16 Computer Matching Serial Box Tutor Cartridge Tested Workong
$174.99

Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung
$297.98

Commodore 64 & VIC-20 BASIC & Kernel ROM Replacement Adapter - USA seller
$17.99

Commodore 1702 Monitor Tested
$399.99

Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply
$169.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99