Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Amazing.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1

    Amazing.

    I tried Linux Mandrake 7.0 a couple of years ago and gave up in frustration after many attempts at configuring it. I am no geek.

    Today, just out of curiosty, I looked into Linux again, and read a review on Knoppix... I downloaded it, burned it & popped in the CD... three or four minutes later (after ZERO configuration) I was connected to the net via Linux! Wowzers...

    Now I just gotta figure out how to get the sound working, and I can install it to my HD permanently... too cool!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: Amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by k57
    I tried Linux Mandrake 7.0 a couple of years ago and gave up in frustration after many attempts at configuring it. I am no geek.

    Today, just out of curiosty, I looked into Linux again, and read a review on Knoppix... I downloaded it, burned it & popped in the CD... three or four minutes later (after ZERO configuration) I was connected to the net via Linux! Wowzers...

    Now I just gotta figure out how to get the sound working, and I can install it to my HD permanently... too cool!!
    You may want to try putting in a alsa "cheatcode" ( don't ask me, thats just what they're called)

    at the boot prompt type

    knoppix alsa
    There are a host of other cheatcodes, but from the sound of it you don't need them.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    for the HD install... its something like
    Code:
    sudo knoppix-installer
    , thats what i remember it... i'll check

Similar Threads

  1. Sony PCG R505GL Knoppix is Amazing!
    By coldturkey in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 09:04 PM
  2. I Was Already Sold Before! But this is amazing.
    By sakiZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 03:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A picture

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A

$89.95



Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM picture

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM

$19.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



all untested Mixed Brand Desktop RAM DIMM Lot 1GB PC2-5300 ECC KTM-M50/1G + MPNs picture

all untested Mixed Brand Desktop RAM DIMM Lot 1GB PC2-5300 ECC KTM-M50/1G + MPNs

$60.00



32GB 2Rx8 PC4 - 3200AA - SE1-13 (x2) 64GB picture

32GB 2Rx8 PC4 - 3200AA - SE1-13 (x2) 64GB

$280.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q

$185.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$43.00