-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Can I repair my Windows Partition (NTFS) with Linux? Hel

Originally Posted by
wartiger
thanks for your reply. I'll do that, but there is the first problem:
I have second harddrive with an ext3 partition, there I will copy my ntfs files, but when I boot from the Knoppix Live CD, I have no write access on hdb1.
How can I change that?
Can Linux copy files from ntfs to ext3? Normally yes, or not?
You can change the read-only access to read/write a number of ways. I usually use the mount command (from a shell, see man mount). But you can also do it from the desktop icon. First right click on the icon and mount it. Then right click and go to the actions... option, which gives you a sub-menu where you make the partition read/write.
Sure, Linux can copy files from an NTFS partition just fine, and it can write them to a Linux partition (which you'll only be able to read with Linux, doh) or to any of the normal FAT partitions, which you could then read with a MS OS.
Similar Threads
-
By s-m-n in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-22-2006, 06:55 PM
-
By dark_mage in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-29-2005, 04:53 PM
-
By jeeves2001 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-05-2005, 03:22 AM
-
By djbjrca in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 03:01 AM
-
By dtopper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 08:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB
$160.00

Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00