Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Intel IPW2200 Trouble

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    Intel IPW2200 Trouble

    Hi Everyone,

    I am running knoppix on a Dell latitude D800 and I can't for the life of me get the Intell 2200BG to load.

    I have tried downloading the source tar ball. Copiled against kernel-headers-2.6.7-1-686-smp. When I went modprobe the module it said that it was an invalid format. I couldn't get it to copile against kernel-headers-2.6.7-1.

    I installed the deb package ipw2200-source and used the command "module-assistant a-i ipw2200". It would compile but the firmware wouldn't load. I have both 2.1 and 2.2 versions of the firmware in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware

    Is there something I am missing??

    This shouldn't be this hard. Am I going to have to recompile the 2.6 kernel that comes with Knoppix 3.7?


    FYI - My running kernel
    # uname -a
    Linux josbox 2.6.7 #2 SMP Wed Jul 28 04:25:36 CEST 2004 i686 GNU/Linux

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    36
    www.kanotix.com

    I know kanotix has both ipw2100 and ipw2200. This will work for you without issue.
    I thought the latest knoppix also had these.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1
    Has anyone here managed to install and run the ipw2200-1.0.0 (or v1.0.1) on Knoppix?

    The wlan hardware I'm testing with is Intel PRO Wireless 802.11 B/G on a notebook running Knoppix 2.7.8 with kernel 2.4.2 or 2.6.9. The later kernel should according to the ipw2200 documentation be OK:
    http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net
    http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/INSTALL

    But I only get as far as the make stage: ...
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.9/build SUBDIRS=/tmp/ipw2200-1.0.0 MODVERDIR=/tmp/ipw2200-1.0.0 modules
    make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.9/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
    make: *** [modules] Error 2

    Are there any ways around this? Could I modify the install scripts anywhere specific to Knoppix?

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    36
    try in konsole as root

    Code:
    iwconfig
    see is any device is recognized, most likely it will be eth1

    if so, do
    Code:
    pump -i eth1


    If these drivers are not included already then get the latest iso.
    or get kanotix @ www.kanotix.com

Similar Threads

  1. ipw2200 drivers
    By mr.fabius in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2005, 08:43 AM
  2. Trouble with Video Integrate Intel Desktop Board D865GLC
    By gonzalezmfrank in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 01:51 AM
  3. ipw2200 - Old drivers
    By joecamel in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 08:54 AM
  4. ipw2200
    By joecamel in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2005, 06:47 PM
  5. Help: Custom CD with patched Intel ipw2200 driver
    By pcbbc in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMIGA Commodore A1200 picture

AMIGA Commodore A1200

$999.99



Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000 picture

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000

$40.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested picture

DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested

$285.00



Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested picture

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested

$999.99



AMIGA DB23 RGB Female to VGA Male Buffered Cable 5 ft. - A1000 A2000 A3000 A4000 picture

AMIGA DB23 RGB Female to VGA Male Buffered Cable 5 ft. - A1000 A2000 A3000 A4000

$38.00



Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000 picture

Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000

$599.99



Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested  picture

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested

$64.99



NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga picture

NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga

$170.00



Commodore Amiga 2000 A2000 – Motherboard Repaired by Amiga of Rochester picture

Commodore Amiga 2000 A2000 – Motherboard Repaired by Amiga of Rochester

$1099.99