Your currently installed on 64MB of ram? Did you try a USB mouse or even a serial mouse?
This is my first time using KNOPPIX or linux for that matter. I am installed KNOPPIX on a 266 PII 64mb RAM and a 6 gig hard drive. This laptop is gutted. I installed on another system and moved this hdd here, becuase this laptop doesn't have a floppy or cd-rom. install works and boots. I can hookup an external keyboard to the ps/2 port, and usb ports. When I pulg a mouse into either one the mouse won't work. That's pretty much my problem.
Thank in advance,
CrazyJerry
Your currently installed on 64MB of ram? Did you try a USB mouse or even a serial mouse?
Yes I am Currently installed on 64 megs of ram witha swap file of 900megs.
I have tried both a PS/2 and a USB mouse, niether are working. I had removed the serial connection becuase it was going to get in the way of my enclosure.
You mean, both kernel wont work?
Try boot using different kernel and see if it work.
![]()

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00