Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I´m sorry I´m dumb but,

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1

    I´m sorry I´m dumb but,

    I have a swedish version version of Knoppix. only problem is that I speak english lol. There is a thing with flags from different contries in the bottom right and i was wondering if i could change the language to English? is that possible.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    At the boot prompt type knoppix lang=us. If the keyboard is different there then it is knoppix lang)us where the ) is the =. Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: I´m sorry I´m dumb but,

    Quote Originally Posted by hypershadow
    I have a swedish version version of Knoppix. .....
    Where in the world you got a Swedish version (if you really did) I don't know; the common versions are German and English. If it's Sweedish I don't know how much has been changed, but you might try the lang=us cheat code at boot time (enter knoppix lang=us at the prompt you get while booting). The thing is, I have no idea where the = sign is on a Swedish keyboard (it's not where a US person expects it to be when booting a German version of Knoppix), but if you can find it and get it to boot into English, you might be ok.

    Quite frankly, I would suggest that you follow the Get Knoppix link at the top of this page, get a current English version of Knoppix (one that ends in en in the name, not one that ends in de), download and check the md5 sum, burn the iso file as an image (not just as an iso and not telling your software to make it bootable), and burn it at 4x (not as darn fast as you can make the CD burner go).

Similar Threads

  1. dumb question :o
    By archvile in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2004, 03:54 PM
  2. very very very new and have a really dumb problem
    By Stupidslacker in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 07:48 AM
  3. hd install and lilo being dumb
    By TheCrazzyman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 03:27 AM
  4. dumb question, sorry
    By VeeDubb in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 03:02 AM
  5. Yes it's a dumb question...
    By Lawgick in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12 picture

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12

$1599.99



2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder picture

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder

$3.99



x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM picture

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM

$329.99



x2 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V ECC REG Server Memory - MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-2G6E1 picture

x2 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V ECC REG Server Memory - MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-2G6E1

$179.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Samsung 128GB 2x64GB DDR4 PC4-19200 288-Pin ECC Registered LRDIMM picture

Samsung 128GB 2x64GB DDR4 PC4-19200 288-Pin ECC Registered LRDIMM

$450.00



SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM picture

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM

$499.99



Samsung (8X16GB) 128GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA-RE2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4 picture

Samsung (8X16GB) 128GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA-RE2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4

$849.99



Bulk lot of 13 × 4GB DDR4-2400 ECC Registered RDIMM server memory modules picture

Bulk lot of 13 × 4GB DDR4-2400 ECC Registered RDIMM server memory modules

$195.00



SK hynix 16GB PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC Registered RDIMM 288-Pin picture

SK hynix 16GB PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC Registered RDIMM 288-Pin

$65.00