Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I´m sorry I´m dumb but,

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1

    I´m sorry I´m dumb but,

    I have a swedish version version of Knoppix. only problem is that I speak english lol. There is a thing with flags from different contries in the bottom right and i was wondering if i could change the language to English? is that possible.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    At the boot prompt type knoppix lang=us. If the keyboard is different there then it is knoppix lang)us where the ) is the =. Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: I´m sorry I´m dumb but,

    Quote Originally Posted by hypershadow
    I have a swedish version version of Knoppix. .....
    Where in the world you got a Swedish version (if you really did) I don't know; the common versions are German and English. If it's Sweedish I don't know how much has been changed, but you might try the lang=us cheat code at boot time (enter knoppix lang=us at the prompt you get while booting). The thing is, I have no idea where the = sign is on a Swedish keyboard (it's not where a US person expects it to be when booting a German version of Knoppix), but if you can find it and get it to boot into English, you might be ok.

    Quite frankly, I would suggest that you follow the Get Knoppix link at the top of this page, get a current English version of Knoppix (one that ends in en in the name, not one that ends in de), download and check the md5 sum, burn the iso file as an image (not just as an iso and not telling your software to make it bootable), and burn it at 4x (not as darn fast as you can make the CD burner go).

Similar Threads

  1. dumb question :o
    By archvile in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2004, 03:54 PM
  2. very very very new and have a really dumb problem
    By Stupidslacker in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 07:48 AM
  3. hd install and lilo being dumb
    By TheCrazzyman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 03:27 AM
  4. dumb question, sorry
    By VeeDubb in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 03:02 AM
  5. Yes it's a dumb question...
    By Lawgick in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI picture

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI

$144.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...

$749.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...

$379.99



LENOVO THINKBOOK 14 G2 ITL i7-1165G7@2.80 16GB RAM 256SSD BLIT BT WEBCAM TOUCH picture

LENOVO THINKBOOK 14 G2 ITL [email protected] 16GB RAM 256SSD BLIT BT WEBCAM TOUCH

$259.99



Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14

Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI

$249.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 6 Laptop AMD RYZEN 5 7535U 2.9GHz – No RAM – No HDD picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 6 Laptop AMD RYZEN 5 7535U 2.9GHz – No RAM – No HDD

$179.99