I have a swedish version version of Knoppix. only problem is that I speak english lol. There is a thing with flags from different contries in the bottom right and i was wondering if i could change the language to English? is that possible.
I have a swedish version version of Knoppix. only problem is that I speak english lol. There is a thing with flags from different contries in the bottom right and i was wondering if i could change the language to English? is that possible.
At the boot prompt type knoppix lang=us. If the keyboard is different there then it is knoppix lang)us where the ) is the =. Hope this helps.
Where in the world you got a Swedish version (if you really did) I don't know; the common versions are German and English. If it's Sweedish I don't know how much has been changed, but you might try the lang=us cheat code at boot time (enter knoppix lang=us at the prompt you get while booting). The thing is, I have no idea where the = sign is on a Swedish keyboard (it's not where a US person expects it to be when booting a German version of Knoppix), but if you can find it and get it to boot into English, you might be ok.Originally Posted by hypershadow
Quite frankly, I would suggest that you follow the Get Knoppix link at the top of this page, get a current English version of Knoppix (one that ends in en in the name, not one that ends in de), download and check the md5 sum, burn the iso file as an image (not just as an iso and not telling your software to make it bootable), and burn it at 4x (not as darn fast as you can make the CD burner go).

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive
$109.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00