Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I´m sorry I´m dumb but,

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1

    I´m sorry I´m dumb but,

    I have a swedish version version of Knoppix. only problem is that I speak english lol. There is a thing with flags from different contries in the bottom right and i was wondering if i could change the language to English? is that possible.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    At the boot prompt type knoppix lang=us. If the keyboard is different there then it is knoppix lang)us where the ) is the =. Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: I´m sorry I´m dumb but,

    Quote Originally Posted by hypershadow
    I have a swedish version version of Knoppix. .....
    Where in the world you got a Swedish version (if you really did) I don't know; the common versions are German and English. If it's Sweedish I don't know how much has been changed, but you might try the lang=us cheat code at boot time (enter knoppix lang=us at the prompt you get while booting). The thing is, I have no idea where the = sign is on a Swedish keyboard (it's not where a US person expects it to be when booting a German version of Knoppix), but if you can find it and get it to boot into English, you might be ok.

    Quite frankly, I would suggest that you follow the Get Knoppix link at the top of this page, get a current English version of Knoppix (one that ends in en in the name, not one that ends in de), download and check the md5 sum, burn the iso file as an image (not just as an iso and not telling your software to make it bootable), and burn it at 4x (not as darn fast as you can make the CD burner go).

Similar Threads

  1. dumb question :o
    By archvile in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2004, 03:54 PM
  2. very very very new and have a really dumb problem
    By Stupidslacker in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 07:48 AM
  3. hd install and lilo being dumb
    By TheCrazzyman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 03:27 AM
  4. dumb question, sorry
    By VeeDubb in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 03:02 AM
  5. Yes it's a dumb question...
    By Lawgick in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage PC Internal USB Header Cable Expansion Bracket Serial Port Audio Cables  picture

Vintage PC Internal USB Header Cable Expansion Bracket Serial Port Audio Cables

$19.99



Zilog Z8000 CPU Programmer's Reference Guide April 1981 Vintage Tech Manual Rare picture

Zilog Z8000 CPU Programmer's Reference Guide April 1981 Vintage Tech Manual Rare

$48.66



NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$349.00



NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$389.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Acer Acernote Light Pentium CPU/16MB RAM/800MB w/ Accessories Bag As Is picture

Vintage Acer Acernote Light Pentium CPU/16MB RAM/800MB w/ Accessories Bag As Is

$119.95



HP LightScribe CD-R 100 Pack Blank Discs 52X 700MB 80 Min Vintage Media Unused picture

HP LightScribe CD-R 100 Pack Blank Discs 52X 700MB 80 Min Vintage Media Unused

$99.99



Vintage Retro Beige Sleeper PC Case  Desktop Computer Key With Turbo Button picture

Vintage Retro Beige Sleeper PC Case Desktop Computer Key With Turbo Button

$89.99



WINDOWS Microsoft

WINDOWS Microsoft "Vintage Style" Computer Keyboard/ #5181

$27.97



NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz Nvidia 4GB Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50+ Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz Nvidia 4GB Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50+ Games

$449.00