Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Help. May have been hacked.

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    52

    Help. May have been hacked.

    Well, my computer lately has been acting up. With KNoppix I have been accessing the internet, then when I am finished, I shut it off. I have dial up. I kept the phone line connected to the wall from the computer. and a few hours later, the computer mysteriously starts up by itself. I got suspicious after this happened EVERY TIME I TURNED THE COMPUTER OFF WITH THE PHONE LINE IN, AND I eventually, a few days ago, unplugged the computer from the phone jack. The computer has stopped starting up by itself. Has my computer been hacked. Is a hacker somehow accessing my computer even when it's off?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Help. May have been hacked.

    Many computers have wake-on-lan and wake-on-ring options to let the computer power down but turn itself on when an incoming event needs it. I suspect it's most likely that your computer is waking up when it sees an incoming ring. This is likely something you can disable in your BIOS.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Easy way to try is to turn the PC off, plug in the line and called the line.

Similar Threads

  1. Has my apt-get been hacked?
    By linuxer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 01:13 PM
  2. Xbox hacked to run Linux without mod chip
    By eadz in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 01:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$119.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed picture

New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed

$466.65



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper SCBE3-MX Router MX-series Enhanced Switch Control Board picture

Juniper SCBE3-MX Router MX-series Enhanced Switch Control Board

$7895.00



New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty picture

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty

$895.00



Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch picture

Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch

$164.98



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$345.97



Juniper EX2300 Unclaimed 12-Port Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12T picture

Juniper EX2300 Unclaimed 12-Port Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12T

$249.99