-
Christmas Gift...help ASAP
This is my first time using KNOPPIX or linux for that matter. I am installed KNOPPIX on a 266 PII 64mb RAM and a 6 gig hard drive. This laptop is gutted. I installed on another system and moved this hdd here, becuase this laptop doesn't have a floppy or cd-rom. install works and boots. I can hookup an external keyboard to the ps/2 port, and usb ports. When I pulg a mouse into either one the mouse won't work. That's pretty much my problem.
Thank in advance,
CrazyJerry
-
Your currently installed on 64MB of ram? Did you try a USB mouse or even a serial mouse?
-
Yes I am Currently installed on 64 megs of ram witha swap file of 900megs.
I have tried both a PS/2 and a USB mouse, niether are working. I had removed the serial connection becuase it was going to get in the way of my enclosure.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You mean, both kernel wont work?
Try boot using different kernel and see if it work.
Similar Threads
-
By wiccaan in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 01:06 AM
-
By Zeus in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-14-2005, 06:51 AM
-
By Detonator in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 02:05 AM
-
By Godfather in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 07:55 PM
-
By spydie in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 08:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08