It's not a feature of KDE, I drag'n'drop copy menu items to the desktop regularly so it's either an oddity of your particular installation or something caused by virtual PC.
When I try to drag a menu item onto the desktop, the desktop crashes (all icons disappear and a crash message appears). This has happened on two different machines, both running Knoppix 3.6 under Microsoft Virtual PC.
I was wondering if this instability is a 'feature' of KDE, or whether the Virtual PC environment is causing it.
It's not a feature of KDE, I drag'n'drop copy menu items to the desktop regularly so it's either an oddity of your particular installation or something caused by virtual PC.
Thanks for the feedback. I must try it again when booted off the live cd in a 'real' machineOriginally Posted by CrashedAgain

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86
TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99