This happen to someone installing knoppix from Command line (cheat: knoppix 2).
The only ways I know is to reinstall knoppix from within KDE.
![]()
I've installed 3.7 to hdd but I can't get system to boot to runlevel 5.
It seems to be stuck at level 2.
I've edited /etc/inittab and lilo.conf but the changes don't make any difference.
Is there some other config file?
This happen to someone installing knoppix from Command line (cheat: knoppix 2).
The only ways I know is to reinstall knoppix from within KDE.
![]()
Check /etc/lilo.conf; if there is a "2" in the 'append=' line, that is how Knoppix is calling for runlevel 2. remove it & rerun lilo.
Otherwise, check /etc/inittab look for the line "id:2:initdefault:". Change the 2 to a 5 should fix.
Try add symlink to xsession in your rc5.d. xsession is located in /etc/init.d.
![]()
Thanks for the suggestions.
It turns out that my changes to lilo didn't go into effect because I forgot to rerun the lilo command
after making the changes. I've been using grub for about two years and forgot that step with lilo.

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$199.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99
F4-3200C16D-64GVK G.Skill RipJaws 32GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz Memory
$159.00
16GB(2x 8GB) Crucial DDR3L-1600 SODIMM / Lot of 2 8GB / Laptop RAM Memory / A25
$17.99
G.Skill Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) (DDR5-6000 DDR5 RAM Memory Cl30-38-38-96 AMD EXPO
$419.95
32GB 2x Samsung 16GB 2Rx8 M378A2K43CB1 PC4-21300 DDR4-2666 RAM TESTED
$110.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz CL15 DIMM RAM CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
$52.99