-
Senior Member
registered user
help with zip usb external drive
Hello...I have a ZIP (Iomega) 250 external USB drive. I would like to be able to use it on my laptop. I am running KNOPPIX 3.7. I read somewhere in the forum of someone who had an identical drive, hooked it up, booted his computer and the drive and icon was there on desktop and worked. No such luck in my case!
I can create new device right clicking desktop. There is a list of choices of devices and the last one is a "zip device".
When I choose it, the next screen comes up and under the "Device" tab, other than the stock choices, like for HD, cdrom, floppy, there is nothing for Zip Device. Just something called "usbdevfs (proc/bus/usb)".
That seems to be the only thing to pick. Then after that, there is a zip icon,with the little green arrow showing its 'mounted'. I noticed its mount point is "/proc/dev/usb".....So if I click on the icon, it just takes me to that folder reference /proc/dev/usb so the drive is not really mounted, just a folder opens.
I noticed on the Iomega site there is software for linux. Anyone with experience installing this type of drive under KNOPPIX? Please help....bob
Similar Threads
-
By freelysj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-15-2005, 02:44 PM
-
By pubo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-15-2005, 12:27 PM
-
By grakem in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 04:52 PM
-
By Aldago in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-13-2005, 09:45 PM
-
By bluedevlx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-14400F 2.50GHz 6 Core SRN3R 16 Thread LGA 1700 CPU
$165.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core i5-13500 2.5GHz/4.8GHz Boost 14-Core SRMBM LGA1700 Desktop Processor
$165.00