-
Senior Member
registered user
zip drive
Well I attempted to do the above and ran into some difficulties. First, I ran modconf using the regular 2.4 kernel. I got error in bootup saying "insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters including IO or IRQ parameters"
Plus a large flow of errors also at bootup and looked at dmesg and they were there basically saying somethings wrong.
I tried again using kernel 2.6 and modconf went perfectly but still got errors in bootup. There is an icon, there is a /mnt/zip folder but even as root I cannot access the zip drive.
The error i get when i click on icon is: "could not mount device. Mount: only root can mount /dev/sda4/mnt/zip/ on vfat"
If i do "su" i still cannot mount it. If I restart and log in as root, still get same message. I edited fstab and created mount point. I can post the errors in dmesg if you think that will help. I notice that the long flow of errors during boot up seem to be repeating the same thing. I wish I saved a copy of dmesg but i can get copy and post tomorrow. As I remember when I ran modconf using kernel 2.6 i had no problems and everything went smoothly. But obviously there is a problem somewhere. I just dont know where to look. any suggestions? ? ? ? ?
Similar Threads
-
By freelysj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-15-2005, 02:44 PM
-
By pubo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-15-2005, 12:27 PM
-
By grakem in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 04:52 PM
-
By Aldago in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-13-2005, 09:45 PM
-
By bluedevlx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Yealink Touchscreen
$99.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW
$399.99

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal
$98.95

Cisco CP-8851-3PCC-K9= IP Phone 8851 with Multiplatform Firmware - Charcoal
$60.00