I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 with internal mini-pci wi-fi card.
I am using Knoppix 3.4.
Problem 1. at boot the internal wi-fi card is identivied as Intersil PRISM2 but fails to initialise, reporting 'resourse in use'.
Problem 2. When Knoppix boots up to X11, the video resolution is only 800x600 and no documented methods can get the resolution up to 1024x768.
I tried all kinds of cheat codes but eventually these options at boot prompt seem to have resolved both problems:
knoppix acpi=off nousb noddc (although I suspect that nousb is not essential).
The wifi card is initialised now and the video is 1024x768. This is from the XFree86 log file:
(--) TRIDENT(0): Virtual size is 1024x768 (pitch 1024)
(**) TRIDENT(0): *Mode "1024x768": 65.0 MHz, 48.4 kHz, 60.0 Hz
(II) TRIDENT(0): Modeline "1024x768" 65.00 1024 1048 1184 1344 768 771 777 8
06 -hsync -vsync
(**) TRIDENT(0): *Mode "800x600": 40.0 MHz, 37.9 kHz, 60.3 Hz
(II) TRIDENT(0): Modeline "800x600" 40.00 800 840 968 1056 600 601 605 628 +
hsync +vsync
I hope this will help someone with similar problems.
Cheers,
Konstantin

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
$170.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99
Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99
NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99
Alta Labs Route10 10Gbps Router Firewall 2x SFP+ 4x 2.5GbE 2x PoE+
$174.99