I need help with my hp officejet k80 printer. i got configurated but it doesn't print and my modem (Conexant Hsf v92 56k RATD speakerphone PCI modem) is not ditectected and does knoppix works with Juno to go to Internet via dial-up?
I need help with my hp officejet k80 printer. i got configurated but it doesn't print and my modem (Conexant Hsf v92 56k RATD speakerphone PCI modem) is not ditectected and does knoppix works with Juno to go to Internet via dial-up?
Not sure about the printer, but the modem is almost certainly a winmodem. Winmodems are not natively supported by linux. Youare in luck however because I think there are drivers for the "some" conexant modems depending on what chip set it uses that will let you use your winmodem in linux. the easiest solution is to go buy an external modem. The serial ones are easiest to configure.
HP printer drivers are here:Originally Posted by swamishriji
http://www.linuxprinting.org/
For a little info about winmodems and Linux and the conexant drivers you can go here:
http://www.desktop-linux.net/linmodems.htm
If you haven't installed Knoppix to your hard drive and the configurator doesn't work for your modem or printer then unfortunately I don't know of any easy solutions.
As to JUNO - Linux doesn't care who you connect to the internet with.
Basicaly check your settings in Windows, the telephone number and maybe some DNS servers.Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
I used Juno for a number of years and, at least in the past, they do care. At least their free services are ad based. When I left them you had to connect through their Win based software. They now have a Mac version of software. In the past, if you were Linux based, you were out. Which is why I am out. If you can run through Wine, I do not know. Maybe their fee based ISP will allow a Linux system to connect without their software.
Perhaps I spoke too soon, I was not aware however of what Juno was. That would stand to reason if they are ad-based. Why would they let you use free internet if you're not watching their ads right? If they won't allow you to use Linux when you switch to a paid account I pesonally would tell them bugger off. But that's just me. I have Adelphia as a local high-speed provider and it amazes me that they have managed to convince so many people that you absolutely MUST have their software to use their service. BAH! Just tell them you want the Linux version and they drop that nonsense in a hurry.Originally Posted by gcoker
![]()
thanks for all of your response on this and thanks for the drivers but my modem still doesn't work and printer still won't print after this driver installation.
OK so you have installed Knoppix to your hard drive correct? Are you using the KDE? What did you try to configure the printer with?
Conexant drivers, huh? well i've got one conexant modem too. you can get the drivers at http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/index.html. I think you'll have to compile them, but it's easy, and if you have any problems, i can give some help...
i got this driver but help with the driver installation of the modem.please helppp me

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$101.99
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99