-
Printer and Internet
I need help with my hp officejet k80 printer. i got configurated but it doesn't print and my modem (Conexant Hsf v92 56k RATD speakerphone PCI modem) is not ditectected and does knoppix works with Juno to go to Internet via dial-up?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Not sure about the printer, but the modem is almost certainly a winmodem. Winmodems are not natively supported by linux. Youare in luck however because I think there are drivers for the "some" conexant modems depending on what chip set it uses that will let you use your winmodem in linux. the easiest solution is to go buy an external modem. The serial ones are easiest to configure.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Printer and Internet

Originally Posted by
swamishriji
I need help with my hp officejet k80 printer. i got configurated but it doesn't print and my modem (Conexant Hsf v92 56k RATD speakerphone PCI modem) is not ditectected and does knoppix works with Juno to go to Internet via dial-up?
HP printer drivers are here:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/
For a little info about winmodems and Linux and the conexant drivers you can go here:
http://www.desktop-linux.net/linmodems.htm
If you haven't installed Knoppix to your hard drive and the configurator doesn't work for your modem or printer then unfortunately I don't know of any easy solutions.
As to JUNO - Linux doesn't care who you connect to the internet with.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Printer and Internet

Originally Posted by
rickenbacherus
As to JUNO - Linux doesn't care who you connect to the internet with.
Basicaly check your settings in Windows, the telephone number and maybe some DNS servers.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Juno Internet
I used Juno for a number of years and, at least in the past, they do care. At least their free services are ad based. When I left them you had to connect through their Win based software. They now have a Mac version of software. In the past, if you were Linux based, you were out. Which is why I am out. If you can run through Wine, I do not know. Maybe their fee based ISP will allow a Linux system to connect without their software.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Juno Internet

Originally Posted by
gcoker
I used Juno for a number of years and, at least in the past, they do care. At least their free services are ad based.
Perhaps I spoke too soon, I was not aware however of what Juno was. That would stand to reason if they are ad-based. Why would they let you use free internet if you're not watching their ads right? If they won't allow you to use Linux when you switch to a paid account I pesonally would tell them bugger off. But that's just me. I have Adelphia as a local high-speed provider and it amazes me that they have managed to convince so many people that you absolutely MUST have their software to use their service. BAH! Just tell them you want the Linux version and they drop that nonsense in a hurry.
-
thanks for all of your response on this and thanks for the drivers but my modem still doesn't work and printer still won't print after this driver installation.
-
Senior Member
registered user
OK so you have installed Knoppix to your hard drive correct? Are you using the KDE? What did you try to configure the printer with?
-
Conexant drivers, huh? well i've got one conexant modem too. you can get the drivers at http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/index.html. I think you'll have to compile them, but it's easy, and if you have any problems, i can give some help...
-
i got this driver but help with the driver installation of the modem.please helppp me
Similar Threads
-
By stuart_b in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-24-2004, 05:46 PM
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
-
By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2003, 05:24 PM
-
By batteryman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 04:53 PM
-
By swamishriji in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 04:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

NEW Lantronix UDS1100-POE - One Port RS232/RS422/RS485 to IP Ethernet 950-00169
$89.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00