Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 22 of 22

Thread: help with hdinstall [v3.6]

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2

    if its not one thing....but knoppix is still great!

    hey thanks but i installed mandrake 10.0 and that solved all my problems. Afterward i installed knoppix and i t worked fine. I am very satisfied with it but now i am having a problem using my usb modem to connect to the internet. if anyone can help , please do so. thanks

  2. #22
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.P., MI, USA
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by ultima
    I actually used MBR as bootloader.

    I tried to mount the partition(hda6 for me) and it says it's already mounted...then I unmount and mount it again and tries the lilo-command which says there's no such file and I havn't spelled wrong anywhere. Also there is a lilo.conf-file where it point to...it's very strange...
    Hi, Ultima!

    I don't know the answer re. dual-booting Windows & Knoppix, but I have a suggestion for making that HD installation usable: If the installation was successful, then all the gears, levers, & settings you need are in place - so, if you power up w/ the Knoppix CD in the drive, and use "Knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda6" (I think I've got that right,...) as your startup command, it should use that hda6 installation as its source for Linux to run instead of continuing to use the CD. Once it's up & running, you can take out the CD, because you'll be running off the HD. I know this doesn't free you from needing to use the CD for booting, but it does let you use the already-expanded files you've put on the hard drive, & Knoppix will function more quickly as a result.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. knx-hdinstall??
    By Stackout in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 05:13 AM
  2. knx-hdinstall
    By ivansv in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 02:41 PM
  3. Knx-hdinstall
    By Abehome in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 04:20 AM
  4. 2.1gb enough for hdinstall?
    By thadk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2003, 04:25 AM
  5. New knx-hdinstall
    By Incubii in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 05:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules picture

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules

$599.00



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$8999.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99