-

Originally Posted by
ultima
I actually used MBR as bootloader.
I tried to mount the partition(hda6 for me) and it says it's already mounted...then I unmount and mount it again and tries the lilo-command which says there's no such file and I havn't spelled wrong anywhere. Also there is a lilo.conf-file where it point to...it's very strange...
Hi, Ultima!
I don't know the answer re. dual-booting Windows & Knoppix, but I have a suggestion for making that HD installation usable: If the installation was successful, then all the gears, levers, & settings you need are in place - so, if you power up w/ the Knoppix CD in the drive, and use "Knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda6" (I think I've got that right,...) as your startup command, it should use that hda6 installation as its source for Linux to run instead of continuing to use the CD. Once it's up & running, you can take out the CD, because you'll be running off the HD. I know this doesn't free you from needing to use the CD for booting, but it does let you use the already-expanded files you've put on the hard drive, & Knoppix will function more quickly as a result.
Similar Threads
-
By Stackout in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-11-2004, 05:13 AM
-
By ivansv in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-12-2004, 02:41 PM
-
By Abehome in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 04:20 AM
-
By thadk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 04:25 AM
-
By Incubii in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 05:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$195.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00