-
Can't Get Hard Drive to Mount When Booting Up
I installed Knoppix to my HD using the option that allows multiple users, but is not the full-blown debian. Things are working pretty well except I can't get the partition HDB1 to mount when booting up. the contents of my fstab file is shown below. I'm not even sure what some of the entries are since I'm faiirly new to linux.
I have tried to edit the fstab manaually and I also tried to use Webmin edit the system so the HDB1 would be mounted automatically. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The drive will mount manually after I'm into KDE.
Here's my fstab file....
------------------------------------- beginning of file
# /etc/fstab: filesystem table.
#
# filesystem mountpoint type options dump pass
/dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/hdb1 /mnt/hdb1 etc defaults 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdrom1 /cdrom1 iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/dvd /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdaudio /cdaudio iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdrom1 /mnt/auto/cdrom1 auto users,noauto,exec,ro 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda2 none swap defaults 0 0
------------------ end of file contents
Thanks in advance!
Similar Threads
-
By band-aid in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-27-2006, 10:02 PM
-
By flowergardener in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-08-2006, 02:47 AM
-
By ajonline in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 01:14 AM
-
By Racer88 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By fourthirtysix in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 03:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage 1988 NOS IBM 3.5 inch diskettes Operating System 4.00
$46.99

Vintage GF2MX40064SAGP PNY GeForce-2 MX400 64MB VGA/ AGP Video Graphics Card
$79.98

Vintage Schlesinger 17" Leather Briefcase Classic Flap Whiskey Brown Attache EUC
$99.99

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA
$139.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61