-
Senior Member
registered user
OpenOffice.org 2.0 (prerelease)
A little christmas present for those of you who want to try out the upcoming OpenOffice.org 2.0:
http://klik.atekon.de/cmg/ooo2.cmg (100MB, prerelease version 1.9.65)
This comes in .cmg format (the default format of "next generation" klik), please read http://klik.atekon.de/docs/ on how to use it.
Greetings,
probono
-
Senior Member
registered user
Probono,
You're great and the next generation klik and cmg are great. This was my first use of your next generation cmg files and it worked flawlessly. I had recently installed OO 1.9 from debs that I read about on Debian Weekly News, but that install had a number of bugs and was crash prone. Your OO 1.9 has yet to crash on me and looks much better than the one I had previously installed. Hat's off.
Merry Christmas
Adam
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
probono
A little christmas present for those of you who want to try out theupcoming OpenOffice.org 2.0:
http://klik.atekon.de/cmg/ooo2.cmg (100MB, prerelease version 1.9.65)
This comes in .cmg format (the default format of "next generation" klik), please read
http://klik.atekon.de/docs/ on how to use it.
Greetings,
probono
To encourage people to just try it, or do a little reading, this means you download one file which has the compressed loop image and then run the image and you can put the image wherever you want. No installation just copy a file, don't like it you can just delete it. It doesn't just run on Knoppix either!

Originally Posted by
aay
Probono,
You're great ...
Damn right he's great and things can only get better. No need to even go as far as the brilliant apt to try out ooo2 (and perhaps have to interfere with anything else), just try this out!
Thanks for the great present probono and Merry Christmas!
-
Junior Member
registered user
Do I understand what just took place on my box?
First I did the wget command to install klik's gui.
Then I downloaded the file ooo2.cmg
From Konqueror I clicked on ooo2.cmg
The program ran immediately but didn't actually install itself?
No change was done to my Knoppix 3.7 install, except for wget'n the klik gui?
It's that simple?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Do I understand what just took place on my box?

Originally Posted by
GreyGeek
It's that simple?
Simply yes!
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: Do I understand what just took place on my box?

Originally Posted by
probono

Originally Posted by
GreyGeek
It's that simple?
Simply yes!

Wow! Don't let my wife know I have a new "love"! 
BTW, I looked at several apps, like Skype for example. It didn't have a cmg to download. Instead it created a directory, /tmp/klik and installed Skype under it. I moved the Skype directory under my home account and it runs fine from there by calling the AppRun script. This behavior is different from the amazing ooo2cmg behavior. Is Skype the "old generation" klick, or did I miss a download site?
-
Senior Member
registered user
When klik installs to /tmp/klik, then only for the purpose of automatically creating a cmg (which will be put on your desktop). If you don't get a cmg, then something is wrong. But you can make the cmg yourself:
/sbin/mkfs.cramfs /tmp/klik/WHATEVER ~/Desktop/WHATEVER.cmg
(You may ask why there is no direct cmg download. Licensing issues are part of the answer, as well as server space.)
Greetings,
probono
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
probono
When klik installs to /tmp/klik, then only for the purpose of automatically creating a cmg (which will be put on your desktop). If you don't get a cmg, then something is wrong. But you can make the cmg yourself:
/sbin/mkfs.cramfs /tmp/klik/WHATEVER ~/Desktop/WHATEVER.cmg
(You may ask why there is no direct cmg download. Licensing issues are part of the answer, as well as server space.)
Greetings,
probono
Thanks for that info, I'll check my box and see if it did create a skype.cmg in my home directory and I just didn't notice it.
cmg is EXACTLY what Linux needs, ONE file download and ONE click run.
I hope you've copyrighted the necessary technology so lizard lawyers running submarine patent scams don't steal it out of from under you!
-- an appreciative
GreyGeek
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2005, 04:24 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-24-2004, 01:11 AM
-
By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
-
By ebdomino in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-04-2003, 10:49 AM
-
By Henk Poley in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Suncom Computer Monitor Station Stand Rare, GOOD SHAPE
$99.99

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78

Vintage Genius LAN E3000II Pocket LAN Adapter CIB Complete Box Manual Floppy PS2
$49.99

Vintage Compaq Presario 1200 Laptop Celeron 600MHz 20GB Floppy Drive *Windows Me
$140.00

Vintage eMachines eTower 500is Celeron 500MHz 256MB 40GB Win98 PC Tower Computer
$125.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00