-
Senior Member
registered user
In theory a Knoppix style regenerates everything but actually not, passwords stay, fstab is normally regenerated but you can override this by including the nofstab cheatcode in the lilo append= line. xf86config-4 only overwrites if an existing one is not found so it stays as is. However, since you are on HD the old configs are still there until they are overwritten by the startup script so it shouldn't be necessary to overwite everything, hdware setup is still the same, etc. so I have eliminated regenerating ld.so.cache & modules.dep to speed up startup.
A debian style install might have been a better choice but I did the Knoppix style because I wanted to make a remaster from it. You can make a remaster from an operating knoppix style system instead of fiddling about with chrooting into a special system, I wrote a how-to...
Now this system have been running for some time, it has been extensively customized, I don't want to reinstall, so I'm just tweaking a bit.
I usually tweak 'til it's broken, just wondering if it's going to break sooner or later.
Similar Threads
-
By onemyndseye in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-15-2008, 10:47 AM
-
By j.drake in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-28-2005, 04:00 PM
-
By wicking in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 07:50 PM
-
By Ambrose in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-12-2003, 05:01 PM
-
By OldFNG in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 05:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75

Carrying Case for My Arcade Atari Gamestation Go Retro Video Games Console,Stand
$48.51

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks
$69.99

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00