edit /etc/alternatives/x-cursor-theme, just comment out the 'inherets=' line & it will resort to the black default X system cursor. I think inherets=corew will do the same thing.
I am remastering knoppix 3.7 to fit my needs.
One thing I want to get rid of is that ugly cursor when kde starts.
I don't want to change it via the kcontrol center I just want that plain old X cursor
edit /etc/alternatives/x-cursor-theme, just comment out the 'inherets=' line & it will resort to the black default X system cursor. I think inherets=corew will do the same thing.
Thank you very much
Looks interesting. Why do mods not make this topic sticky?
Have also a look at: update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme
If everything that was at all interesting to a few people was made sticky, then the sticky files would so fill that page that you would have to scroll past them every time you checked the forum for new posts. I expect this post is interesting primarily to people who are concerned about cursor size, and they will find it quickly enough if they are doing a search of the forum with the obvious word cursor as a search term, as anyone should when trying to research a question. This forum has 60 pages of posts, do you feel this post deserves to be sticky more than most of the others? The real value is that the posts are all kept in the forum and can be easily searched by people looking for information, either by scanning subject lines or by using the forum Powered-by-Google search.Originally Posted by your_breakfast
apt-get remove artwiz-cursor will do the trick too.

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Western Digital Blue (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 64MB Cache) 1TB HDD
$19.90
Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200RPM 3.5in SATA III 6Gb/s - enterprise-grade hard drive
$49.00
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99