Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Root User

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    19

    Root User

    Hi folks,
    Merry Christmas to everybody!

    Please help newbie! I just bought O'Reilly's "Knoppix Hacks" with Knoppix 3.4 CD. This is my first Linux experience.
    Sure, I got problems.

    The most important problem is that I CANNOT login as a root user: I clicked K->System->Root Terminal. And I was asked for PASSWORD.
    No password was mentioned in the book. No guessed password was accepted by system.
    How can I be a root?

    I believe that beeing a root user, I could try to resolve some other problems by myself.
    TIA
    Henry

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    19
    The question is closed now. I found the answer in the other part of the forum as a sticked post. Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. How to change user to root
    By Wavform in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 03:44 AM
  2. How do i log in as root user?
    By spacedude89 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 09:51 AM
  3. Cannot log into user account..only root
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2004, 08:15 PM
  4. help with root user
    By zuzo in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 05:19 PM
  5. pon and poff as non-root user
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2003, 07:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY picture

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY

$89.00



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro picture

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro

$189.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original

$39.88