-
Junior Member
registered user
Howdy. I did everything I need to do except when I type "kate etc/X11/XF86Config-4" at the konsole it comes up but there's no text to edit. Any reason why it's like that. And when I use X-display it still doesn't list my GeForce MX 440.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
PhantomOSX
Howdy. I did everything I need to do except when I type "kate etc/X11/XF86Config-4" at the konsole it comes up but there's no text to edit. Any reason why it's like that. And when I use X-display it still doesn't list my GeForce MX 440.
If you typed it in like you have here then you would be editing a new file try kate /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 also you would have to be root in a console. Also it does not show my 440 SE in the Xdisplay either it just works. BTW the drivers are a real dog on startup I have to wait at least a minute maybe more to get a login screen there's quite a thread on this in the nvidia forum.
Similar Threads
-
By Rivendell in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-11-2005, 07:18 PM
-
By naventus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 08:00 PM
-
By Malo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 03:44 AM
-
By slc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 06:25 PM
-
By evilgeek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00