, found the thread explaining what to do.
First off,
A Very Merry Christmas to all and hello- I'm a total Linux n00b
, I've heard and read great things about it (all from ex-Win users funnily enough) , especially Knoppix. I'm a XP Pro user atm, but would like to find out more about Knoppix.
I've dled the 3.7 iso, burned it on to cd, and tried booting from it having followed the instructions that came on the CD, changed the boot sequence on my pc to
1. CD
2. HDD
yet it still loads Windows. I suspect its down to my mobo/BIOS which is probably (not sure) an i815PE, with a 1 Ghz p3.
Any suggestions, on why Knoppix isnt booting and what to do, would be much appreciated.
![]()
, found the thread explaining what to do.
How is it going other than the blush?![]()

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1-NF Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A
$119.99
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00
Dell Optiplex 7040 MT, i7-6700 3.40GHz, 16GB DDR4 RAM, NO HDD/OS #95
$65.00