, found the thread explaining what to do.
First off,
A Very Merry Christmas to all and hello- I'm a total Linux n00b
, I've heard and read great things about it (all from ex-Win users funnily enough) , especially Knoppix. I'm a XP Pro user atm, but would like to find out more about Knoppix.
I've dled the 3.7 iso, burned it on to cd, and tried booting from it having followed the instructions that came on the CD, changed the boot sequence on my pc to
1. CD
2. HDD
yet it still loads Windows. I suspect its down to my mobo/BIOS which is probably (not sure) an i815PE, with a 1 Ghz p3.
Any suggestions, on why Knoppix isnt booting and what to do, would be much appreciated.
![]()
, found the thread explaining what to do.
How is it going other than the blush?![]()

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99
Vintage Apple IIc Computer Carrying Case Bag Grey Canvas Rainbow Logo 1980s
$74.99
Sonnet Tempo Trio PCI Controller Card Vintage Apple Mac ATA/IDE + FireWire + USB
$150.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 120 w/ Stylus Flash Card & Software *WORKS*
$99.99
VINTAGE APPLE III COMPUTER FOR RESTORATION OR PARTS [NOT WORKING MISSING PARTS]
$299.99
Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals
$50.00
Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00