-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: First Apt upgrade after 3.7 HD install

Originally Posted by
Alterscape
I just performed a Knoppix 3.7 Hard-Disk install. I'd like to start apt-getting new packages, but I remember reading somewhere that the standard Knoppix distro is different enough from vanilla Knoppix that running "apt-get dist-upgrade" will create some troubles. What do I need to check on and be careful of when apt-get upgrading this install..?
I did a Knoppix 3.7 install this last weekend.
When I ran knoppix-installer as root I selected install option 3, the 'debian' installer, so that I could select ReiserFS.
After the install was complete I entered the following commands as root
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get autoclean
auto-apt updatedb
The next day I realized that KPackage in Debian works differently than the package of the same name in SUSE or Mandrake. Sunday after noon I used KPackage to install dozens of apps. Amazing tool!. Installing PostgreSQL was always a manual pain, as was Bibletime. Not wth Debian.
Similar Threads
-
By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-19-2005, 08:48 PM
-
By mors in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-05-2005, 10:33 PM
-
By cujillo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 10:10 PM
-
By pc3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 04:33 PM
-
By boudie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 09:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Digital Movie Poster (USB-flash drive)
$100.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00