Quote Originally Posted by tmp000
I see how it makes the URLs nicer and the whole system unbreakable, if any hostname is omitted and there is only one valid server / source for all klik recipies. But then, I cannot let the argument count, that it should be "easy to type and rembember" for users, if the original idea was to make (mouse) one-click installations (no keyboard involved here

Also it would be sad to have such a thing closed to one project site. You could still open it up, and mandate security with a domain withelist - like Mozilla/Firefox do, only that you should make it harder and show more warnings for adding new recipe sources. I believe there is more value in this than just serving a few Knoppix-derived distributions.

If you decide to keep the current (hostname-free) links, then at least get rid of the double slash // - as the klik-links then are clearly URNs and not Urls. "urn:klik:PACKAGE" was the best choice then (with the "x-klik" variant to become a standards addicted).

Best,
mario
I guess klik:// is just a KIO slave. the fact gnome and other DE's don't support them (altough support is probably going into the kernel, KIO-fuse) is their fault, imho. Its a great piece of technology, its free software, so its totally up to other environments/filebrowsers/whatever to use it or not.

klik:// is a protocol, not a url. just als locate://, smb://, http://, ftp://, apt://, settings://, tar:// etcetera.