Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Kanotix-Bug Hunter X Fix 2 shut down problem?

  1. #1
    Guest

    Kanotix-Bug Hunter X Fix 2 shut down problem?

    Has anyone had a problem with Kanotix-Bug Hunter X Fix 2 not shutting down but restarting even in windows?
    My pc:
    Desktop
    256 Ram
    P2 450
    Windows 98

    I tried knoppix and everything was find. I ran it for several weeks. I read in the forums that Kanotix is good for hard drive install so I tried it to see if it would work on my system. I ran it from cd like knoppix and I look around to see what programs were in Kanotix, and than when I want to shut down it just restart into windows. I tried to shut down from windows but the same thing happen the computer restarted. I tried several times and each time there was a restart. I had to pull the plug to get it to shut down. Now my computer can not shut down, it restarts and I have to pull the plug.

    I ask people at Kanotix IRQ but they said to try a cheatcode apci=off. I tried that by running Kanotix again and it did not help. Someone else said that I might have change the bios but I did not make any changes to the bios. The programs that I start in Kanotix were:

    Kcontrol
    kinfocenter
    supertux
    some of the development programs

    I do not thing that should have changed my bios in anyway. Does anyone know what could have happen and what I can do to fix it?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Ditto That

    I have the same problem running the Kanotix, CD. It's not even installed on the HD.

    I have to manually turn the computer off after using it. So..... it's not going to be installed on MY computer.

    Once I pull the CD out, and run Knoppix or XP from the HD everything goes back to normal.

    Kanotix needs a little more work.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. Kanotix Bug Hunter 09-A is out!
    By mzilikazi in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 03:42 AM
  2. Kanotix Bug Hunter 09 is out!
    By mzilikazi in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 02:50 PM
  3. Kanotix Bug Hunter 08 is out now!
    By mzilikazi in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 12:28 AM
  4. KANOTIX BUG HUNTER 07/2004 is out now
    By mzilikazi in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 02:10 PM
  5. Kanotix Bug Hunter 3-2004
    By horo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 04:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99



Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard picture

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard

$54.99