-
Junior Member
registered user
nt bootloader with image from dd?
Okay, so when I did the hdd install for Knoppix 3.7 (Debian-style), I told it to write the bootloader to /root instead of /mbr because I was scared of screwing up my MBR and messing up my windows bootloader. I know from previous installers that you can use the dd command to write the bootloader to an image file (dd if=/dev/hda1 of=/mnt/floppy/bootimage.img bs=512 count=1) and then copy that image to the nt drive and add the line C:\bootimage.img="Linux" to boot.ini .. I did all this for a previous redhat install and it worked fine, but things aren't going well for knoppix/debian. I know the problem isn't with the image, because I was able to use dd to write the image to the boot sector of another floppy, and it worked as a bootdisk (I booted with it just now, and am using it). Has anybody dealt with this? Thanks for any help!
Similar Threads
-
By satimis in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-28-2006, 04:34 AM
-
By bluenose50 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-28-2005, 10:15 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 07-17-2004, 05:25 PM
-
By mschievano in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 06:34 PM
-
By RealNeo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-24-2003, 12:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mixed Lot Of Vintage Software And Drivers - Install Discs - CDs - 94 Pieces
$85.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Vintage HP Pavilion PC Case
$99.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$155.00
![Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture](/store/img/g/EhEAAOSwg7ZnexmU/s-l225/Apple-Macintosh-Boot-Disk-System-1-0-8-0-400-800k-.jpg)
Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac
$14.75

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59