-
ASUS integrated sound chip recognized but no sound
I am troubleshooting a noisy Windows XP driver on an integrated sound chip on an ASUS A7VX-X motherboard. I have successfully loaded Knoppix 3.7 and it picked up the sound info but no sound plays. I know nothing about Linux but was hoping this CD based OS would help trouble shoot further a rather noisy sound (occurs turned up and whenever there is any hard disk activity, mouse movement, etc) under Windows XP Pro SP2.
Can someone help me test further?
thanks
-
In windows xp device manager ,select view/show hidden devices, then uninstall the sound devices (all).
Then restart XP Pro, when the new hardware is discovered cancel. install the sound drivers from the ASUS disc instead.
-
it's not in XP that I'm having a problem "identifying" the sound card. I want Knoppix to see it. I understand there's a particualr issue with Knoppix and this motherboard/soundchip (ASUS A7V8-X)
Similar Threads
-
By AngelFch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
-
By Phishman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-23-2005, 04:31 AM
-
By frank34 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 02:49 PM
-
By timothy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 05:20 PM
-
By blubu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-26-2003, 12:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99