In windows xp device manager ,select view/show hidden devices, then uninstall the sound devices (all).
Then restart XP Pro, when the new hardware is discovered cancel. install the sound drivers from the ASUS disc instead.
I am troubleshooting a noisy Windows XP driver on an integrated sound chip on an ASUS A7VX-X motherboard. I have successfully loaded Knoppix 3.7 and it picked up the sound info but no sound plays. I know nothing about Linux but was hoping this CD based OS would help trouble shoot further a rather noisy sound (occurs turned up and whenever there is any hard disk activity, mouse movement, etc) under Windows XP Pro SP2.
Can someone help me test further?
thanks
In windows xp device manager ,select view/show hidden devices, then uninstall the sound devices (all).
Then restart XP Pro, when the new hardware is discovered cancel. install the sound drivers from the ASUS disc instead.
it's not in XP that I'm having a problem "identifying" the sound card. I want Knoppix to see it. I understand there's a particualr issue with Knoppix and this motherboard/soundchip (ASUS A7V8-X)

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$950.00
Commodore Amiga 500 Motherboard Rev 5, A500 #548 (As-Is)
$64.75
Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz
$300.00
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
68000 CPU Amiga 2000 Slot Adapter
$25.00
OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95