-
SMC SMC2532W and Linux drivers
G'day all, I had to buy a high powered wifi card with out consideration for Linux (I had to have this working for dumb WindoZ users)
Anyway I can not find a driver SMC does not have one or at least not one "I" could find.
Any work arounds?
-
You didn't look too hard
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
Unless SMC has changed their chipset,you,through blind chance,have bought one
of the best sniffing,wep-cracking,kismet running cards out there for linux.
Mine uses the prism2 chipset. It will use the linux-wlanng drivers,available at
http://www.linux-wlan.org/
or the HostAp drivers at
http://hostap.epitest.fi/
I don't know if the drivers are included with knoppix.I haven't used this
card with knoppix since 3.4.
You can download Auditor at
http://www.remote-exploit.org/?page=auditor
This cd has both the wlanng drivers and the hostap drivers,plus
scripts to change between them.It also comes with extensive documentation.
As root "lsmod" Look for prism2_cs
"cardctl ident" will tell you how knoppix "sees" the card
Searching this forum and google will give you all the info you need to
configure it.
Have Fun
-

Originally Posted by
ghaze
You didn't look too hard
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
Unless SMC has changed their chipset,you,through blind chance,have bought one
of the best sniffing,wep-cracking,kismet running cards out there for linux.
Mine uses the prism2 chipset. It will use the linux-wlanng drivers,available at
http://www.linux-wlan.org/
or the HostAp drivers at
http://hostap.epitest.fi/
I don't know if the drivers are included with knoppix.I haven't used this
card with knoppix since 3.4.
You can download Auditor at
http://www.remote-exploit.org/?page=auditor
This cd has both the wlanng drivers and the hostap drivers,plus
scripts to change between them.It also comes with extensive documentation.
As root "lsmod" Look for prism2_cs
"cardctl ident" will tell you how knoppix "sees" the card
Searching this forum and google will give you all the info you need to
configure it.
Have Fun
I "did look" but too much junk info to wade through I tried two "ideas" both did not work.
I will give your info a go.
Cheer's
Similar Threads
-
By DigitalMaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-21-2005, 06:59 PM
-
By cavillas in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-18-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By probono in forum The Lounge
Replies: 26
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 07:08 AM
-
By mabhatter in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-05-2003, 01:35 AM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 64 Vintage Home Computer Without Box
$100.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 128D System works great Comes with Keyboard which works great
$700.00

Hammerworks box60 Commodore 64 Mechanical Keyboard built
$77.77

Commodore 1581 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive + PSU Cable Manual Vintage Untested
$309.99

Commodore 1581 Floppy Disk Drive w/ Power Supply, Cable & Disks
$300.00

Commodore 1541 Emulator Complete incl PI Zero & 2GB SD CARD, OLED, USA Seller
$59.99

Commodore 64 Drive Alignment & Utility Diskette
$9.99