-
Install onto PCMICA harddisk
Hey,
I am having problems using my PCMCIA hard disk during the Knoppix init.
I am pretty sure the initrd image on the Knoppix 3.6 doesn't include pcmcia and ide_cs modules (else I wouldn't have "disk not found error")
Does any know of a Knoppix cusomization that includes ide_cs and pcmcia in the initrd image and that would mount /dev/hde[x] as the root mount point?
I guess another way of saying it, is I would like to do a HD install onto a pcmica hard disk , but still use the CD as the boot media (can't update the MBR, office PCs)
This seems much easier to me then my current cycle of use->update->remaster->use which I am doing now to install new software.
Any and all thoughts/suggestions/bids will be greatfully accepted.
Similar Threads
-
By thulemanden in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-28-2005, 03:58 PM
-
By Panada in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 02:08 PM
-
By fabfab in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-03-2004, 05:01 PM
-
By david90schr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 04:24 PM
-
By dee_tt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 09:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

Dell Optiplex 7090 SFF Win11 PC i5-10500 E 8GB RAM 256SSD Radeon RX640 4GB Wifi
$239.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF
$429.00

Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Core i5-8500T 2.10GHz 8GB 128GB SDD W11 Mini PC (Z3675)
$123.16

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$189.99